Bullying Compliance and Prevention
This Bullying Compliance and Prevention Course is designed for Administrators, teachers, aides, afterschool staff, parents and parks personnel. We estimate the course will take you approximately 2 hours to complete. Once you’ve completed the course a certificate will be automatically sent to you for your professional development records and license renewal.
1. Participants will be able to identify the 4 components of bullying.
2. Participants will be able to identify bullying incidents.
3. Demonstrate the knowledge to correctly respond to bullying.
4. Understand your role and legal responsibilities in keeping children safe on the playground.
5. Identify the 11 components common in bullying legislation.
This course is divided into 7 areas of instruction.
1) Introduction and Overview: Legal requirements, state specific requirements, state and local responsibilities in reducing bullying.
2) Defining Bullying: what is bullying, what is not bullying, teasing vs taunting, roles in bullying, effects of bullying, and what kids need to know about bullying.
3) Bullying Statistics: bullying increasing, cyber bullying, ramifications of bullying, and that in bullying no one wins.
4) Identifying Bullying: types of bullying, boys who bully, girls who bully, at risk groups for bullying, targets of bullying.
5) Legislation: legislative components, training and prevention and transparency and monitoring.
6) Local responsibilities Relating to defining, reporting, investigating, written records, legal requirements, sanctions and referrals on bullying.
7) Responding to bullying: Staff training, hot spots for bullying and AEIOU method of responding to bullying.
Bullying Prevention for Teachers Online Course results in a Certificate of Professional Development Hours and Completion upon passing course quiz.
School, District and County volume discounts available call 951-245-6970.
For more information on the Bullying Prevention Course Download the Flyer below.
bullying course flyer.pdf
|Author:||Melinda Bossenmeyer, Ed.D.|
|Date:||June 26, 2014|
After purchasing the course return to this page and sign-in to begin the course.
In order to gain access to this course, you must register as a user in our system so that a completion certificate will be issued. A guest checkout will not give you access to the course as you need a login and password to gain access.
We highly recommend that you download Chrome before taking the course for the best experience.
The online course concludes with a 25 question quiz. Upon passing the quiz each participant will receive a Certificate of Completion for professional development hours and an Open Badge.
Upon completing the course close the window and the quiz will pop up.