Frequently Asked Questions
- The Striper Paint Machine comes with 6 white cans of spray on striping paint
- Additional cans of striping paint in different color options can be purchased at your local hardware store
- We recommend 4 colors RED, BLUE, YELLOW and GREEN. 1 Gallon each is more than enough. (School colors are a good choice)
- Rolling VS Spray: Rolling allows a heavier coat with more pigment. The amount of color that you add is a personal choice. However, be aware that one 4 square court (depending on its size can take 2 gallons). We recommend rolling on the paint with a roller and using gallons instead of spray cans. Paint by the gallon is less expensive and goes farther also.
When you purchase the stripping machine from Peaceful Playgrounds, Inc. you will receive the machine which uses aerosol spray paint or “marking paint”. This is for marking or outlining the courts. The paint machine comes with 6 cans of WHITE contractor’s quality paint. It is recommended that you shouldn’t use spray paint off the shelf at a hardware store. This paint will not cover well nor last.
How much paint should I buy:
- the amount of paint you need depends on the number of markings you are adding to the playground and how much color you choose to put on the playground. (We suggest starting with 4 gallons of 4 different colors of Strippers paint, masonry paint or tell the clerk you are painting on asphalt.)
- Other than outlining the games, color is usually rolled on from a gallon of paint.
Other supplies needed when purchasing the Recess Program.
- 4 gallons of roll on stripers paint (Available at Home Depot and Lowes)
- Playground Chalk
- Rope (for making an accurate circle)
How many students can utilize the Recess Program Kit?
- Multiple classes of students can play at a time with Peaceful Playgrounds. More information here.
- The program comes with 200 pieces of equipment and replenishment equipment packs can be purchased.
- There is a 2 week time limit following the registration date
- DO NOT CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
- If you change your password then we no longer have access to your account and cannot help you with account related issues without resetting the account.
- Courses require an 80% to receive the certificate of completion.
Call the office in the case of account or log in issues 951-245-6970
- Place an order online or over the phone 951-245-6970
- We require a PO
- All POs are to be emailed to email@example.com
- A quote or estimate is honored for 90 days in most cases.
- Shipments go out every Friday via UPS Ground
- Faster shipping options may be available, must be discussed before order is placed and price is significantly higher.
- Shipments take about 3-5 business days, usually arriving mid-week of the week following the shipment day.
- Tracking numbers are on Invoices
We have a grants resource page: https://peacefulplaygrounds.com/playground-and-garden-grants/
You may also want to sign up for our monthly newsletter. Grant opportunities will occasionally be posted in the newsletter.
The sign up form is on this page: Newsletters