Well designed Brain Breaks accomplish three purposes: 1) they refresh students, 2) they refocus students for learning and 3) they re-energize students.
Purpose of Brain Breaks
Every teacher has experienced the glazed look from students who basically need a break. When kids get tired or bored, they tend to check out. Once kids begin to check out– they are no longer learning! Enter Brain Breaks. Brain Brains Themes capture attention and motivate students to re-engage. A short physical break also stimulates the brain and ready it for learning.
“Our study indicates that even small activity breaks could have a substantial impact on children’s long-term health.”
Theme Brain Breaks: Peaceful Playgrounds Activity Cards
Peaceful Playgrounds Theme Brain Break Cards have multiple uses. As a refreshing break in the classroom so that students can focus when they return to indoor classroom academic work. They are also great for physical education indoors or outside. They are perfect for indoor recess when the weather dictates that children remain inside.
They are designed to be led by teachers, aides, physical education teachers, after school staff, recreation staff and are appropriate for early childhood educators. After the cards are introduced to students then student leaders can also lead activities. The are also good for instant activities or sponge activities.
The following Themes are now available for purchase.
2. Valentine Cards Brain Breaks February
3. St Patrick’s Day Break Cards March
4. Exercise Dice April
5. Road Trip Brain Break Cards May
6 Beach Day Brain Breaks FREE June
7. Rock Star Brain Break Cards July
8. Beach Day Brain Break Cards August
9. Sports Brain Break Cards September
10. Fantasy Football Brain Break Cards October
11. Thanksgiving Brain Break Cards November
12. Cowboy Rodeo Brain Break Cards December
13. Pirate Walk Brain Break Cards January
14. Halloween Brain Break Cards October
15. Fall Brain Break Cards November
16. Christmas Brain Break Cards December