Monthly Peaceful Playgrounds Tip: Play Nice!
Redwood Institutes a Freeze Signal
For this month we introduce the Peaceful Playgrounds Tip on using a freeze bell. Most students will benefit from a clear transition from recess to the classroom. Requiring students to freeze at the sound of the whistle has many benefits:
- Reduction in playground injuries.
- Calm children returning to the classroom in an orderly and controlled manner.
- Easier to gain control of children after recess to remind them of rules and procedures.
- Prevents the mad dash to be first in line.
- Equipment can be accounted for before children released to walk- back-to-class.
FOR MORE INFORMATION GO TO: