Skip to content
10 Suggestions for a Peaceful Playground
This is a list of 10 suggestions for making your playground a peaceful place for fun and games.
- Have classroom teachers walk students around the playground on the first day of school. Introduce playing areas and those areas that are off limit during recess.
- Introduce students to playground rules and procedures. For example: freeze at the bell, walk back to class, and line up after the whistle.
- Teach safe play on the playground structures.
- Introduce the rules for a new playground game each week.
- Introduce students to the concept of playground reports (pink slips for inappropriate behavior).
- Introduce the Peaceful Playgrounds concepts of Walk, Talk or Rock, Paper, Scissors.
- Add more game markings to your playground. When kids have more to do, you have fewer problems.
- Introduce students to playgrounds good sport coupons.
- TRAIN playground supervisors!!!
- Do not allow students to bring personal toys or equipment from home.